[Lexicog] English homonyms

lexicography2004 lexicography2004 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 26 14:06:53 UTC 2004

Kim, I can think of two ways:

1. Someone who would like to continue the off-list topic invites others who
wish to do so to email them (singular they!) off-list. That group then
continues discussion off-list until they decided they have had enough.

2. We would start a Yahoo Groups discussion list for off-topic discussions.
This would require that those who use the "off-topic" list register for it,
as they registered for this Lexicography List.

There is one other possibility, but only for those who have good Internet
connections, and that is to use the Chat function of the Lex. List website.
There one can discuss in real time by voice or text. This would not require
registering for a new list, but would require, I think, that someone have a
Yahoo Profile (not all of the Lex. List members do, nor need one), and also
install the simple Yahoo Chat software that is provided when one goes to the
Chat section of the list website.

Wayne Leman
List Facilitator

> A question: If we move a discussion off-group, how do people remain
> connected to it?

<snip>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/HKE4lB/TM