[Lexicog] Kirrkirr and Shoebox/Toolbox

Kenneth Keyes ken_keyes at SIL.ORG
Tue Aug 3 07:21:35 UTC 2004

Wayne, et al,

I downloaded Kirrkirr today and installed and tried it. But I get the
following error message when I try starting it:

Fatal Application Error: Unable to launch Java Application: Unable to locate
the application's 'main' class. The class 'Kirrkirr.Kirrkirr" must be public
and have a 'public static void main (String)' method. (LAX) Details as
follows:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/JPanel
	at java/lang/Class.forName
	at com/zerog/lax/LAX.launch
	at com/zerog/lax/LAX.main

Maybe I did something wrong, but I am using the Java Virtual Machine from
the latest MS Updates, and so didn't download the whole package.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Leman [mailto:wayne_leman at sil.org] Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004
10:35 PM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Lexicog] Kirrkirr and Shoebox/Toolbox

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone on the list who is using the Kirrkirr
program (see our list website under Link/Software) to display dictionary
data from the Shoebox or Toolbox programs. Please post your comments to this
list so we can all benefit from them.

I am particularly interested in software which displays semantic
associations in lexicons and Kirrkirr is one which does. I have not used it
yet myself.

Thank you,
Wayne
-----