[Lexicog] Cheyenne dictionary printout: different PDF converter needed

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Sun Aug 15 21:17:48 UTC 2004

MessageI agree that the Internet printing process *should* accept a pdf file regardless of how it was produced, but I've run into a wall with the automated process I'm trying. Since my dictionary is 600+ pages long (and I omitted the English-Cheyenne Index since its 250 pp. would have put the book over the 700 pp max), I have to be careful which printers I use since some charge prices that make an individual book cost nearly $80 (U.S.). I think I can get the book price down to approx. $20 with the right Internet printer. I have checked out quite a few. Some want to charge setup fees which our small budget cannot afford.

As for using Adobe's website, that is precisely what I did this morning. Adobe's automated process substituted some other strange (and big) font for my Cheyenne font which displays and prints a few special diacritics.

I keep trying different things. Dictionaries are worth the effort and I learn from it all.

Wayne
-----
Wayne Leman
Cheyenne website: http://www.geocities.com/cheyenne_language
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christopher Brewster
  To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2004 3:00 PM
  Subject: RE: [Lexicog] Cheyenne dictionary printout: different PDF converter needed

  Benjam's option is a good choice but I am unclear why the use of Ghostscript should be a problem to them.
  You just need to to deliver a pdf file however you arrive at it. Ghostscript is free and going via the ps-->pdf route is simple.

  How big is your file?
  Have you considered using Adobe's website for conversion: https://createpdf.adobe.com/

  HTH

  Christopher Brewster