[Lexicog] water-dwelling rodent (capybara) rebaptized as fish

Chaz and Helga Mortensen chaz_mortensen at SIL.ORG
Sat Aug 21 14:51:45 UTC 2004

The capybara spends a lot of its time in water but comes out onto land as
well. And they have good speed, I might add.

We used to live in a small town next to a national park, where there were
lots of capybaras. Every evening a few capybaras would congregate on the
shore between the river and a road. One day I was driving along that road
when suddenly a capybara appeared to  my right, running from the forest to
the river. I was sure I would run over it. Prepared not only for the impact
but for paying a fine, I was relieved to see the capybara continuing his run
for the river; he disappeared with a splash.

-Chaz

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM