[Lexicog] Shoebox Export filenames: SOLUTION

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Mon Feb 2 14:47:39 UTC 2004

My apologies: I have found the problem. My Shoebox files are in partition D
on my desktop computer, but in partition C on my laptop where I do most of
my lexical work. During my synchronizing between the two computers, a
Shoebox setting was retained for partition D on my laptop (and there is a
partition D there), but the setting should have been for partition C.

Problem solved. Back on the road again,
Wayne Leman
Cheyenne Project

> I have 7000 sound files so far in my lexical database. Their filenames
> Export nicely from Shoebox to Microsoft Word RTF as Hyperlinks. I have
quite
> a few sound files whose names end in a number, for example, the difference
> between convincehim.wav, convincehim2.wav, and convincehim3.wav, to
> differentiate different verbs which are glossed by the same English word.
> have observed that Microsoft Word does not recognize the filenames which
end
> in a number and cannot play those files when I click on their hyperlinks.
Is
> there a setting in MS Word to get it to recognize the numbered filenames,
or
> must I find another way to name related files without using numbers on the
> end of the filenames?
>
> Thanks,
> Wayne
> -----