[Lexicog] Korean and Toolbox

Benjamin Barrett bjb5 at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Sun Feb 15 17:44:43 UTC 2004

Ken,

Thanks for the detailed response. I'm still not there, though...

I use the Korean IME all the time. Hanja, hangul, no problem. As you say,
it's all included in Windows (I run XP).

When I input Korean in Toolbox, the characters appear in an IME in the
upper-left (unlike normal input which is done in situ). When I finish typing
a hangul, a question mark appears in Toolbox.

I've set the language encoding to IPAUni, the font to Arial (tried Batang,
too), the script, the language and everything else to Korean.

So then, I start up Keyman. When I click the K icon in the control panel, it
just says no keyboard. The Tavultesoft Webpage doesn't offer a Korean
keyboard to download.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

BTW, I found the same 90-degree rotation of hangul in Visual Basic 6.0 the
other day. I think it's a Microsoft issue.

Best regards
Benjamin Barrett

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/HKE4lB/TM