FW: [Lexicog] Theoretical constructs vs. practical reference dictionaries

Lou Hohulin lou_hohulin at SIL.ORG
Thu Feb 19 16:38:46 UTC 2004

Thank you, Dr. Sheynin, for your good description of Arabic dictionaries.
I think the principal of 'nest-based' dictionaries is, in general, one that can be applied with various modifications to languages with complex morphology.

We are 'nesting' certain types of inflectional possibilities within the senses of root entries in the Tuwali Ifugao dictionary. Of necessity, we have to restrict those possibilities, and place many of the patterned inflections in the grammar.

Thanks again for your contribution.

Lou Hohulin

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/HKE4lB/TM