[Lexicog] postalveolar t

Rudolph C Troike rtroike at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Feb 20 02:43:30 UTC 2004

A somewhat simplistic question, in the midst of the Korean-Toolbox
discussion. I have been using WordPerfect 5.1 for all of my work, but
pressures for transportability, convertibility, etc., have led me to start
using MS Word, which conveniently supplies a number of common phonetic
symbols. However, it doesn't have a post-alveolar [t] with a dot under it,
and neither does the SIL IPA initial downloadable set. Unfortunately, it's
common in California Indian languages, which I'm trying to work with, but
several people I've asked who work with these languages don't have a
solution. Does anyone on the list have a suggestion?

	Thanks,

	Rudy Troike