Fw: [Lexicog] Getting to know you

List Facilitator lexicography2004 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 13 00:25:31 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <francisco.ruiz at dfm.unirioja.es>
To: <lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 6:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Lexicog] Getting to know you

My name is Francisco Ruiz-de-Mendoza. My main field of research
is the cognitive theory of metaphor and metonymy. I was the head
organizer of the 8th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference
at the University of La Rioja (July, 2003).
I believe that work in lexicography strongly benefits from work in
theoretical models of the lexicon. Since lexicological descriptions
should take into account metaphor, metonymy and image
schemata, I have recently become involved with some colleagues
in a major project that tries to dilucidate to what extent such
models (and their interaction) play a definitional role in the lexicon
of English.

Francisco J. RUIZ DE MENDOZA
Universidad de La Rioja
Departamento de Filologías Modernas