[Lexicog] List messages are now mirrored

Wayne Leman lexicography2004 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jan 15 15:30:08 UTC 2004

--- In lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com, "List Facilitator"
<lexicography2004 at y...> wrote:
The Linguist List staff has (have, for the Brits!) returned from the
holidays and has connected this list to their website. Anyone may now
read
messages from this list mirrored on the LL site.

The message archives are available at
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/lexicography.html

and are searchable through the Multi List Search Engine at
http://listserv.linguistlist.org:8080/mls/html/index.html

What this means is that those of you who may not wish to get a Yahoo
Profile
to be able to access the message archives (and other features) on this
list's website can access the archives on the Linguist List website.
The LL
mirrored messages are grouped by topic thread. Feel free to invite
others to
visit the LL Lexicography List archives to see if they wish to join
this
list. There is a link on the LL webpage (first URL above) for joining
this
list.

Richard Rhodes mentioned the work of Russian linguist Melchuk
(Mel'cuk) in
his message posted today. There is now a link to an introduction to
Melchuk's Meaning-Text Linguistics (MTT) in the Links section of our
list's
website. Unfortunately, only the messages from our list are mirrored
on the
Linguist Link website, not the Links or Files. To gain access to any
of the
list website features a Yahoo Profile is required, but it is easy to
get one
and you need not provide much info--you can even give pseudonymous
information if you are concerned about security (but I think your
info is
secure anyway, unless you give Yahoo permission for others to access
your
Profile info). If you cannot figure out how to get a Yahoo Profile,
contact
me off-list at my Facilitator email address below.

If I can be of help to anyone on the list with any list management or
subscription matters, just let me know via private email:

lexicography2004 at y...

Thanks to everyone for helping this new list get off to a good start.
think it fills a need which has existed among linguistic discussion
lists.

Wayne
-----
Wayne Leman