[Lexicog] List messages are now mirrored

List Facilitator lexicography2004 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 16 01:30:59 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Rhodes" <rrhodes at cogsci.berkeley.edu>
To: <lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Lexicog] List messages are now mirrored

OK, so I went to the Université de Montréal site for Meaning-Text
Linguistics, and there's a broken link at
http://www.neuvel.net/meaningtext.htm, so to get to Melchuk's
dictionary page (in English) go directly to

http://www.olst.umontreal.ca/indexE.html

But there's not much there other than the references to the current
publications.

Rich

>The Linguist List staff has (have, for the Brits!) returned from the
>holidays and has connected this list to their website. Anyone may now read
>messages from this list mirrored on the LL site.
>
>The message archives are available at
>http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/lexicography.html
>
>and are searchable through the Multi List Search Engine at
>http://listserv.linguistlist.org:8080/mls/html/index.html
>
>What this means is that those of you who may not wish to get a Yahoo
Profile
>to be able to access the message archives (and other features) on this
>list's website can access the archives on the Linguist List website. The LL
>mirrored messages are grouped by topic thread. Feel free to invite others
>visit the LL Lexicography List archives to see if they wish to join this
>list. There is a link on the LL webpage (first URL above) for joining this
>list.
>
>Richard Rhodes mentioned the work of Russian linguist Melchuk (Mel'cuk) in
>his message posted today. There is now a link to an introduction to
>Melchuk's Meaning-Text Linguistics (MTT) in the Links section of our list's
>website. Unfortunately, only the messages from our list are mirrored on the
>Linguist Link website, not the Links or Files. To gain access to any of the
>list website features a Yahoo Profile is required, but it is easy to get
one
>and you need not provide much info--you can even give pseudonymous
>information if you are concerned about security (but I think your info is
>secure anyway, unless you give Yahoo permission for others to access your
>Profile info). If you cannot figure out how to get a Yahoo Profile, contact
>me off-list at my Facilitator email address below.
>
>If I can be of help to anyone on the list with any list management or
>subscription matters, just let me know via private email:
>
>lexicography2004 at yahoo.com
>
>Thanks to everyone for helping this new list get off to a good start. I
>think it fills a need which has existed among linguistic discussion lists.
>
>Wayne
>-----
>Wayne Leman
>List Facilitator