[Lexicog] bilingual dictionaries

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Sun Jan 25 21:41:25 UTC 2004

> Hi,
> I am writing an MA thesis on bilingual lexicography and I am interested in
talking about some of the most frequent difficulties which concern the
creation of bilingual dictionaries.
> Is there someone who would like to discuss on that issue?

Hello Mery,

Good question! I think one of the most common problems in any bilingual
dictionary is the adequacy (or inadequacy) of glosses. So many bilingual
dictionaries use simple glosses but these often do not adequately cover the
same semantic space as does the lexical entry of headword language.

Ciao,
Wayne
-----
Wayne Leman