[Lexicog] XML for dictionaries

Peter Kirk peterkirk at QAYA.ORG
Mon Jan 26 22:21:12 UTC 2004

On 26/01/2004 14:07, David Frank wrote:

> I could experiment with XML format, but I understand even less about that
> than I do about PDF. I could most easily put the dictionary into HTML. It
> might be good for us to dialogue some about the best format for
> dictionaries
> on the internet.

Does anyone have any information or experience on XML and similar
formats, schemas etc for dictionaries? I am looking ahead towards how we
might release the output of the KTBH (Key Terms in Biblical Hebrew)
project (see http://www.ktbh-team.org/ for a very brief introduction).
We would also be interested in compatibility with formats to be used for
FieldWorks etc, although we may have requirements, e.g. for discursive
text and diagrams as well as hyperlinks, which go beyond those of
typical dictionaries produced by SIL etc. I would appreciate any advice
in this area.

--
Peter Kirk
peter at qaya.org (personal)