[Lexicog] Re: XML for dictionaries

Mathieu MANGEOT-NAGATA mangeot at NII.AC.JP
Wed Jan 28 09:46:14 UTC 2004

Well, I have a little bit of experience on XML and XML schemata for
dictionaries,
in fact, I even wrote a Ph.D. about the subject !

If you can read French, you can find everything online at:
http://www-clips.imag.fr/geta/mathieu.mangeot/MM-These/

Otherwise, I have a few publications in English at:
http://www-clips.imag.fr/geta/mathieu.mangeot/Publis/

And I would recommend you this one in particular:
Mathieu Mangeot-Lerebours (2002) An XML Markup Language Framework for
Lexical Databases Environments: the Dictionary Markup Language.
LREC Workshop on International Standards of Terminology and Language
Resources Management, Las Palmas, Islas Canarias, Spain, 28 May 2002,
pp 37-44.
http://www-clips.imag.fr/geta/mathieu.mangeot/Publis/LREC02/
LREC02_MM.pdf

And I can also advise you directly ;-)

Best regards,

Mathieu

On 28 janv. 04, at 18:12, extenza_eps wrote:

> Hi Peter:
>
> --- In lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com, Peter Kirk <peterkirk at q...>
> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any information or experience on XML and similar
>> formats, schemas etc for dictionaries?

Mathieu MANGEOT-NAGATA
Visiting Researcher National Institute of Informatics
Hitotsubashi 2-1-2-1913 Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 101-8430 Japan
Tel: +81-3-4212-2672    Fax: +81-3-3556-1916
http://www-clips.imag.fr/geta/mathieu.mangeot
Papillon project: http://www.papillon-dictionary.org