[Lexicog] Re: XML for dictionaries

Peter Kirk peterkirk at QAYA.ORG
Wed Jan 28 12:07:55 UTC 2004

On 28/01/2004 01:12, extenza_eps wrote:

> ... See in particular
> http://and4.anglo-norman.net/sitedocs/techbrief1.html for a
> discussion of their TEI-conformant digitisation.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Stuart

Thank you, Stuart, for these links and especially for the very
interesting (but long) description of why and how the Anglo-Norman
dictionary has converted to XML.

Thank you also to Susan and to Mathieu for their advice. (Sadly, it
would take me far too long to read the French of Mathieu's thesis.) I
will look into these further.

Since my project is partly under SIL auspices, I would especially value
any comments from my former colleagues in SIL, especially whether they
have looked at any specific XML formats for dictionary and similar data
e.g. for FieldWorks.

--
Peter Kirk
peter at qaya.org (personal)