[Lexicog] Digest Number 146

Lameen Souag lameen at LONGNOW.ORG
Fri Jun 11 17:15:31 UTC 2004

Dear Hayim,

Only indirectly: there's a list of animal names at the end of my article
on pluralization in Estudios de dialectología norteafricana y andalusí
2003.  I've also put some material on my online grammar, at
http://www.geocities.com/lameens/darja/, but that site badly needs
updating.  I'm planning to try and publish an article on the general
characteristics of the Dellys dialect soon, which will contain some more
"unusual" vocabulary.  But my lexical efforts so far have been fairly
dilettantish, I confess; really, I ought to start putting together a
proper dictionary one of these days - after all, this list has already
provided many great tips on how to do that!

If you're looking for dictionaries of Algerian Arabic, Jihane Madouni-La
Peyre has published one in French recently, based on the dialect of Sidi
Bel Abbes.

Lameen Souag
Rosetta Project
San Francisco