[Lexicog] Languages represented on this list

phil cash cash pasxapu at DAKOTACOM.NET
Mon Jun 21 15:38:25 UTC 2004

tá'c 'aláXp (good day),

i am a younger speaker of nez perce (sahaptian) and am working on
documenting and describing nez perce (2 dialects), sahaptin (15
dialects) and cayuse (an extinct language isolate).  for those of you
that do not know where these indigenous languages are located, they are
located in the interior northwestern US, a region called the southern
Columbia Plateau in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.

all of these languages are endangered and may disappear in my lifetime.

phil cash cash (cayuse/nez perce)
Univ of Arizona, Phd student in the Joint Program in Anthropology and
Linguistics

ps: my name is from an ancestor named /yíix yix qash qásh/ 'speckled
hawk' (in reference to the bird's breast) and when the government
registered our names in the 1880's they could only spell it in limited
english as "cash cash".

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM