[Lexicog] age-related pronunciation differences

Jan Ullrich jfu at CENTRUM.CZ
Tue Jun 29 09:25:30 UTC 2004

Wayne,

I often run into a similar problem with the Lakhota speakers. Most recently
x?okha' (older speakers) versus okha' (younger speakers). The younger
speakers probably don't hear the unstressed x?. I include both in the
dictionary with a cross-reference comment (cf. older pronunciation; cf.
modern pronunciation).

Best

Jan

Jan Ullrich