[Lexicog] phraseology collecting

louis janus janus005 at UMN.EDU
Mon Mar 1 02:40:52 UTC 2004

At 07:11 PM 2/29/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>The simplest way would be to do it in the Oslo corpus at
><http://www.tekstlab.uio.no/norsk/bokmaal/english.html>http://www.tekstlab.uio.no/norsk/bokmaal/english.html
>Look under Available Search Methods, then Searching by regular expression.

Thanks so much, Danko. I have been using these text searches for years now,
and have discussed with the researchers in Oslo the possibility that they
would allow me to modify some of the hits to serve as my usage examples. I
am planning to have lots and lots of examples of each word.

Regular expressions work if you know at least one of the words that would
be involved in a collocation, right?

>If you are interested in the statistics bigrams in any text corpus, I have
>built an open-source tool under:
><http://main.amu.edu.pl/~dsipka/lingo.htm>http://main.amu.edu.pl/~dsipka/lingo.htm
>or <http://cli.la.asu.edu/lingo.htm.>http://cli.la.asu.edu/lingo.htm.
>If you chose the 1 x 1 lex. combinatorics option and then paste a text, it
>will tabulate what the combinations are and what their frequency is. My
>first choice however would be the Oslo Corpus. Once you get your data their,
>you can run your statistics in any statistical package.

I will look at the programs you've made available at the URL above, and see
if I can use them properly to help me find these collocations.

Thanks (takk!) again!

Louis

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/HKE4lB/TM