[Lexicog] Question about the lexicographical software

Hayim Sheynin hsheynin at GRATZ.EDU
Wed Mar 10 20:28:04 UTC 2004

Dear lexicography list members,

Is someone on this list familiar with any comparative survey of different
software

for compiling dictionaries, lexicons and concordances, please reply to
hsheynin at gratz.edu.

Dr. Hayim Y. Sheynin

Gratz College

-----Original Message-----
From: Hayim Sheynin [mailto:hsheynin at gratz.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 5:51 PM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Lexicog] Question about the lexicographical software

Dear lexicography list members,

I compose a comprehensive Ladino (Judeo-Spanish) dictionary where I use
different Hebrew fonts and Roman transcription with diacritics. The
dictionary is of a type of "Thesaurus totius linguae ..." with the
etymologic notes and notes on usage with multiple examples of sentences
or/and periods and phraseology notes, as well as illustration of usage of
lexemes in the proverbs. Each entry in the dictionary takes more place than
than in usual language to language dictionary. Each word and each meaning is
translated into Hebrew and into English. I need to have capability of search
according to different variable fields, and possibility of search with the
use of classifiers.

My question is, whether linguists on the list would know what software would
be the best for such project. I assume that there are

many databases for writing dictionaries and concordances to literary

works.

Please reply directly to hsheynin at gratz.edu.

Hayim Y. Sheynin

Gratz College

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12caochp5/M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=egroup
web/S=1709195911:HM/EXP=1078267892/A=2019528/R=2/SIG=141ns2dk2/*http:/ad.dou
bleclick.net/jump/N3349.yahoo1/B1282054.27;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=300x250;code
=18634;dcopt=rcl;ord=1078181492380745?>

 Click Here
<http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/N3349.yahoo1/B1282054.27;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=
300x250;code=18634;dcopt=rcl;ord=1078181492380745?> Click Here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=274551.4550177.5761904.1261774/D=egroupweb
/S=:HM/A=2019528/rand=360596149>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*         To visit your group on the web, go to:

*         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*         Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.