[Lexicog] lexicographie arabe

Hayim Sheynin hsheynin at GRATZ.EDU
Thu Mar 11 22:22:45 UTC 2004

enlarges a volume of dictionaries.

Dr. Hayim Y. Sheynin
Gratz College

-----Original Message-----
From: lexicography2004 [mailto:lexicography2004 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 3:55 PM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Lexicog] lexicographie arabe

Again, from Babel Fish and some human effort. We would welcome a better
translation from others:

To Mr. Hayim Sheynin
Regarding the words which start with alif, ta, ist, one generally seeks the
base verbal or nominal to leave desqueles the words in question are derived,
I gave examples, but this method is costly for the Arabic-speaking person.
On the other hand, in the alphabetical dictionary, we will have the problem
of multiplication of entries: an entry for "Kassara" (casser, broke) and
another, further, in the dictionary, for "will takassara" (was broken, was
broken). And the same method for the pair, "nashid" and its plural "anashid"
(songs). The morphological system of Arabic and Hebrew is non-concaténatif
(non-concatenating?), but on the lexicographical level, one can modernize
the presentation of data, while eliminating the redundancies. What do you
think?

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/HKE4lB/TM