[Lexicog] dictionary software

Conor McDonough Quinn quinn at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Fri Mar 19 00:14:23 UTC 2004

Dia dhaoibh, a chairde!

For those of us with no experience in the matter: what is it that makes
relational databases so useful to lexicographic and/or other linguistic
work?  I'm still not clear on what it is that makes a relational database
distinct from any other kind, so a nice concrete example of

(a) what makes the distinction and
(b) how we (in my case *beginning*) lexicographers can use it to our
benefit

would be much appreciated.

Sla/n,
bhur gcara