[Lexicog] sit vs. sit

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Sat Mar 20 17:04:58 UTC 2004

> In English, I think we differentiate between 'sit' and 'set'. 'Set'
generally means to cause something (inanimate object) to 'sit'. Does that
fit your data?

> Lou

No. Both instances of 'sit' are for intransitive stems (differentiated by
whether the subject is animate or inanimate). We do have a 'set' but it
would be for transitive stems. Thanks for the idea, Lou.

Wayne
-----
Wayne Leman
Cheyenne website: http://www.geocities.com/cheyenne_language