[Lexicog] WordNet (was Cheyenne dictionary: the jury's verdict)

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Sun Mar 28 22:15:43 UTC 2004

Thank you for these links, Guy. My computer operates under Windows XP, so I
downloaded a compatible version from the Princeton WordNet website at URL:

http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/~wn/

I also posted that link in the Links / Software section of our Lexicography
List website (address at the bottom of each posted list message).

WordNet installed and works nicely on my computer, but so far, I don't see
how WordNet can be customized to any language other that English for which
it was designed, and which is the language of its interesting database. Do
you happen to know if some Siouanists have been able to import Siouan
language data to some version of WordNet?

Wayne
-----
Wayne Leman
Cheyenne website: http://www.geocities.com/cheyenne_language