[Lexicog] "lamb" as a metaphor

Benjamin Barrett bjb5 at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Fri May 7 13:52:38 UTC 2004

Other than the unpleasant smell lamb is generally felt to have, I don't
believe there are any idioms in Japanese.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fritz Goerling [mailto:Fritz_Goerling at sil.org]

What is associated with the image "lamb" when predicated of a person
in your language (not only English?
I can only think of "pious as a lamb" (lammfromm) in German.
To my knowledge in English you can say "as innocent as a lamb"
or "as docile/quiet/obedient as a lamb". And it can be
used with reference to someone who you are fond of and who
is gentle and lovable.

Fritz Goerling