encodings (was Re: [Lexicog] sounds animals make)

Hayim Sheynin hsheynin at GRATZ.EDU
Tue May 25 13:51:28 UTC 2004

Dear Bill,

I saw your message on lexicography list. I have some difficulties to

find possibility for making certain phonetic symbols like those

which require a dot under the character, particularly a dot under letters

h, s, t for heth, sade, and teth in Hebrew and similar sounds in other

Semitic languages and little arc under h for the sound which some time

transcribed as kh, like in Arabic khinzîr (‘pig’). I have Unicode based

Windows and Word. Can you help me.

Hayim Y. Sheynin

Gratz College