[Lexicog] Digest Number 236

Leela Pienaar L.Pienaar at RU.AC.ZA
Wed Nov 3 07:46:07 UTC 2004

Dear Duygu Aydin

I would just like to suggest a few more articles that you might find helpful by way of
background reading. Patrick Hanks has already made some really useful comments.

So to add to your list, try:

1. Miller, G.A. & Gildea, P.M. How children learn words in Scientific American
Vol. 257 No. 3, 1987 (I think Mr Hanks mentioned this one).

2. Rundell, Michael Changing the rules: why the monolingual learner=s dictionary
should move away from the native-speaker tradition in Snell-Hornby, M. (ed.)
ZüriLEX >86 Proceedings 1988

3. Stein, Gabriele
Illustrations in dictionaries in International Journal of Lexicography Vol. 4 No.2,
1991

Good luck!
Regards
Leela Pienaar