[Lexicog] cyrillic with Toolbox

Hayim Sheynin hsheynin at GRATZ.EDU
Wed Nov 10 15:24:21 UTC 2004

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for answering my questions. It was very clear and
directly to the point.

Many thanks,
Hayim

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kirk [mailto:peterkirk at qaya.org]
Sent: ג 09 נובמבר 2004 19:27
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Lexicog] cyrillic with Toolbox

On 09/11/2004 18:33, Hayim Sheynin wrote:

>Dear Ken,
>
>This October you posted a message about use of Cyrillic with Toolbox
>to the Lexicography list with the attachments. I assume those are SIL
>files of Keyman. Can I ask you what software one needs to open them. On
>my computer which has Windows XP, MS Word, Acrobat Reader and regular
MS
>keyboard, I was unable to open these files.
>
>S pochteniem,
>Hayim Y. Sheynin
>Gratz College

You need the Keyman program from www.tavultesoft.com. Keyman is not an
SIL program; it was developed by a separate company in collaboration
with SIL. The .kmn file is in fact plain text, but is the input for
Keyman Developer. The .kmx file is the version as compiled by Keyman
Developer which can be used by Keyman. Keyman Developer is shareware,
but Keyman (the non-development version) is a free download for
non-commercial use. (But check the conditions on the website.)

--
Peter Kirk
peter at qaya.org (personal)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM