[Lexicog] cyrillic with Toolbox

Hayim Sheynin hsheynin at GRATZ.EDU
Fri Nov 12 15:03:12 UTC 2004

Thank you, Ken. Bol'shoe spasibo! Peter gave crystal clear
Explanations for file types and programs.
A propos, you are very altruistic person.
What lexicographic works did you do with Cyrillic script?

Privet i dobrye pozhelaniia,
Hayim

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth Keyes [mailto:ken_keyes at sil.org]
Sent: ו 12 נובמבר 2004 03:28
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Lexicog] cyrillic with Toolbox

Dear Hayim,

Sorry not to reply more promptly. I've been offline for a couple days.

As Peter Kirk replied the files Russian.bmp, russfonouni.kmn,
russfonouni.kmx are used in the Keyman program.

The Russian.lng is a UTF8 text file for Toolbox which can be edited in
notepad in XP, which I developed for my own use - my gift to y'all. It
is used to define the properties of the character set used by Russian in
Toolbox. It tells Toolbox the sort orders, the correspondence between
upper and lowercase characters, what is a consonant, vowel, labial,
etc., and what character set to use, font, keyboard, etc.

Happy lexicographing!!!

Ken