[Lexicog] \lc field in Shoebox

Susan Gehr sgehr at KARUK.US
Sat Nov 13 00:28:50 UTC 2004

I'm curious about the properties of the \lc field in Shoebox.

I know that the \lx field is, and that Shoebox chokes when
parentheses, brackets are used in the \lx field.  But are the
contents of the \lc (Citation form) field used for interlinearization
at all, or can I use parentheses and other characters with
impunity?

Example:

Karuk has a two part pronominal construction kii(k)- .. -ap

to 1sg.SUBJ / 2pl.OBJ.

Could I put  'kii(k)- .. -ap' in the \lc field?

Thanks!
Susan Gehr
Karuk Tribe of California

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM