[Lexicog] Digest Number 217

Rudolph C Troike rtroike at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Oct 4 05:25:20 UTC 2004

Just a gentle reminder, folks, when you are replying to the list in
response to a post, to delete anything of the previous post that you are
not specifically responding to. I know that it is easy in many systems to
leave the whole trail of previous exchanges following the response (Pine
is very handy here -- it asks each time whether you want to include the
message or not -- and yes, John, there are a few of us who find a telnet-
based e-mail much faster and more convenient than a web-based program on a
56K dialup modem that really runs at 28.8K most of the time, and drives
one crazy waiting for messages to upload and download, even at the price
of having to guess what the funny % symbol in the middle of a word was
intended to mean). My inbox is constantly running perilously close to
full, and all of the extraneous multiply-repeated copies of previous posts
adds to the strain, in addition to the problem of the time required to
page through it.

	Thanks,

	Rudy Troike

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM