[Lexicog] MDF where to buy

Kim Blewett kim_blewett at SIL.ORG
Wed Oct 20 15:11:41 UTC 2004

If you set up your dictionary according to the structure in "Making
Dictionaries...", then import it into Toolbox using either MDF option for
the Database Type, then you can use EXPORT (under File menu) to format it as
a Word file.

To import your dictionary for the first time, make sure it is a TEXT file
with "\id ..." as the first line, and your data marked with the standard MDF
backslash codes as per "Making Dictionaries." Then OPEN the file in Toolbox;
you'll be asked to choose a database type. Choose either "MDF 4.0" or "MDF
4.0 (alternate hierarchy)" --these are described in "Making Dictionaries."

I hope this helps. Write again if you need more help.

Sincerely,
Kim Blewett

-----Original Message-----
From: hhthuy [mailto:hhthuy at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 October 2004 4:09 AM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Lexicog] MDF where to buy

I am quite new to the list.
I would like to ask our expert-colleagues in this list where can I buy the
software MDF (I know of its existence when reading "Making
Dictionaries: A guide to lexicography and the Multi-Dictionary
Formatter")
I searched Google and the SIL website but could not find anything available.
I already tried Toolbox and Lexique Pro.
Thank you in advance.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM