[Lexicog] Shoebox and dictionary printing questions

Susan Gehr sgehr at KARUK.US
Thu Oct 28 21:52:05 UTC 2004

> The MDF export in Shoebox should create a style for the scientific names,
> that would be called by whatever the field name is in Shoebox.
> Or when you get the document opened in Word, click on a scientific name and
> see what the style name is in Word's style box.
>
> The Word for Windows templates that Shoebox uses are called MDF_e.dot (for
> English audience) or MDF_n.dot (national audience). You can double check
> which one Shoebox is actually using by going to File | Export, select MDF,
> click Modify, then click the Setup button inside the Audience box on the
> dialog.
>

> You can change the alphabetical order by editing the language encodings as
> you did. If this prevents the interlinear from working afterwards, I would
> double check that the appropriate lines in your text file (the word line
> and the morpheme break line) as well as the lexeme line and alternate form
> line in your dictionary, all use the same encoding.
>
> You can write to me off list if you have more questions about sorting
> orders and MDF export.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help.  I was able to change the style for the scientific
name to my liking.  I'm still having trouble with changing the sort order,
but I'm going to give it another try before I ask for more help on that.

I do have another question about MDF export.

I'd like the contents of the \va - variant field to appear first thing after
the lexeme, as in

av        Variant: am. V. to eat. Ref: WB verbs pátha áamti. "Eat by
yourself!"

How would I make that happen?

Thanks again,
Susan Gehr