[Lexicog] Is there any dictionary-building software for Mac OS X?

suzannewash suzannewash at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 2 01:48:15 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am new to this list. A quick introduction: I am a linguist who has worked for years on
several California Indian languages. I joined this list because I want to create Unicode-
compliant lexical databases for the languages I work on. Eventually I'd like to produce
online and printed dictionaries of these languages.

Is there any lexical database/dictionary-building software for Mac OS X that is also
Unicode compatible? I realize there is Shoebox for Mac Classic, but I want to avoid
being dependent on Classic as it is no longer supported by Apple. I looked at KirrKirr, but
the KirrKirr website states that it is not a tool for building or maintaining dictionaries.

I'd like to use a program that is specifically made for building dictionaries and which is
also Unicode compatible. If I can't find anything for Mac OS X then I will consider switching
to Windows, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks--

--Suzanne Wash

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM