[Lexicog] Is there any dictionary-building software for Mac OS X?

neduchi at NETSCAPE.NET neduchi at NETSCAPE.NET
Thu Sep 2 11:37:51 UTC 2004

Hallo,
Please have a look at this website:http://tshwanedje.com/tshwanelex/
It is a fully Unicode compatible software, a dictionary writing system. There are academic papers on it, as well as sample dictionaries.

Cheers.
Chinedu Uchechukwu

"suzannewash" <suzannewash at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am new to this list. A quick introduction: I am a linguist who has worked for years on
>several California Indian languages. I joined this list because I want to create Unicode-
>compliant lexical databases for the languages I work on. Eventually I'd like to produce
>online and printed dictionaries of these languages.
>
>Is there any lexical database/dictionary-building software for Mac OS X that is also
>Unicode compatible? I realize there is Shoebox for Mac Classic, but I want to avoid
>being dependent on Classic as it is no longer supported by Apple. I looked at KirrKirr, but
>the KirrKirr website states that it is not a tool for building or maintaining dictionaries.
>
>I'd like to use a program that is specifically made for building dictionaries and which is
>also Unicode compatible. If I can't find anything for Mac OS X then I will consider switching
>to Windows, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.
>
>I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks--
>
>--Suzanne Wash

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.