[Lexicog] CC table needed for Shoebox and Lexique Pro

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Thu Sep 2 14:34:49 UTC 2004

I have been changing some of the standard format markers (SFMs) so that they
fit better within the MDF standards used with Shoebox and Toolbox. The
current motivation is to get more of my sound files accessible from within
the great new interface program, Lexique Pro. I was able to make almost all
of the global conversions myself, but I now need to ask for help from those
on the list who can write context-sensitive CC tables. Let's say I have the
following Cheyenne Shoebox record:

\lx ma'heon
\lc ma'heo'o
\xsf god.wav
\ps noun
\ge god
\xv Ma'heo'o enesevatsestahe.
\xsf godtakespity.wav
\xv God takes pity (on people).
\sd sacred

Lexique Pro will place a clickable sound icon next to the example sentence
and that sentence can then be heard by users of LP. But since sound files
marked by \xsf will only be heard if they correspond to example sentences,
there must be another SFM (Lexique Pro likes \sf) so that the headword
(citation form) can be heard within LP. I can, of course, manually change
\xsf to \sf following the \lc field for a single (or just a handful) of
lexical records. But I have nearly 18,000 records and need to make the
change globally to save many hours of time.

Could one of you CC experts design a CC table which will change all \xsf
SFMs to \sf following a \lc field? All other \xsf markers should remain as
they are.

Thanks,
Wayne
-----