[Lexicog] RE: Query re keyboard re-mapping

Conor McDonough Quinn quinn at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Sun Sep 19 19:58:56 UTC 2004

Dia dhuit, a chara!

> That's as far as I have pursued this issue, but this means that it's
> impossible to type in Makah in a Weblog or any other of a variety of
> interfaces because it requires a superscript "w". Yes, you can add HTML
> tags in an HTML-compliant interface, so I guess you can program a
> keyboard to handle that, but then two "w" keys are needed, one for each
> interface, but that really just avoids the issue that Unicode doesn't
> directly support language X that requires superscripts.
Unicode does have a superscripted "w"---I use it all the time for
Penobscot.  I'll look it up for you once I get back to my own OS X.3
computer.  Till later, keep well.

Sla/n,
do chara

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM