[Lexicog] Moderator comments

Lexicography List Facilitator lexicography2004 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 22 04:00:59 UTC 2004

As moderator of this discussion, I never want to cut off any discussion
which list members are having which is helpful to them in their lexicography
work. I do want to assure other list members that keyboarding and Unicode
issues are not the only topics which can be discussed at this time on the
list. The list can handle more than one topic at a time. So if anyone has a
comment or question about any other aspect of lexicography, please do feel
free to post it, under a new subject header, of course.

Good news from our Cheyenne dictionary work: Cheyenne speakers who have
begun to use the Lexique Pro viewer interface for Shoebox and Toolbox
databases like it a lot. They seem able to get around on the user-friendly
and intuitively-straightforward interface quite nicely on their own. I
happen to be a strong fan of user-friendly programs and interfaces. I would
really like to see someone who has worked extensively with both sets of
programs post a comparison of user-friendliness between the SIL Shoebox and
Toolbox programs and the TshwaneLex package.

We got our first hard freeze of this fall (autumn) last night. Our car doors
were frozen shut this morning and it took quite a bit of effort to get them
open.

Best (lexical and other) wishes to each subscriber,
Wayne
 new interim Cheyenne dictionary in print form: http://www.lulu.com/cdkc

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM