[Lexicog] the weather

John Roberts dr_john_roberts at SIL.ORG
Wed Sep 22 07:07:57 UTC 2004

Wayne Lehman said:

> We got our first hard freeze of this fall (autumn) last night. Our car
> doors
> were frozen shut this morning and it took quite a bit of effort to get
> them
> open.

Here in the UK temperatures have dropped in the past week or so and the
weather presenters on the BBC have been describing it as autumnal
(autumn-like) weather. How do Americans describe autumn-like weather -
fallish? Here in the UK we also talk about the weather when we have nothing
else to talk about :-).

John Roberts

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM