[Lexicog] Unicode rendering under Linux

Peter Kirk peterkirk at QAYA.ORG
Wed Sep 22 10:23:56 UTC 2004

On 22/09/2004 05:21, William J Poser wrote:

>Here are screenshots showing Unicode rendering
>in Yudit and OpenOffice Writer under Linux.

Thank you. But I note that none of these samples, except perhaps the
Gurmukhi, include diacritical marks. As I understood it, one of the
major requirements expressed on this list earlier was support of Latin
script base character and diacritic combinations which are not
precomposed in Unicode, because they are used only in small minority
languages. Complex diacritic combination is also required for proper
IPA, rather than the simplified fragment in your samples, and for
biblical Hebrew which is my main interest.

By the way, see http://www.ktbh-team.org/ for newly released further
details of the Key Terms in Biblical Hebrew project.

--
Peter Kirk
peter at qaya.org (personal)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM