[Lexicog] Who Said What?

Koontz John E john.koontz at COLORADO.EDU
Sun Sep 26 22:50:29 UTC 2004

For what it's worth, I think some of you must be using color or some
similar convention to clarify who said what in your posts.  Those of us
who are still using ASCII-based Unix mail tools like pine can't see
anything but "black and white" text.  Of course, it might really be blue
and white or black and gray or something like that.  I grant this may be a
case of inadequate tools yielding inadequate results.

Similarly, use of exotic character sets (a very relative thing,
exotic-ness, I realize) means that the text of examples in particular
cases end up reduced, more or les, to gibberish.  I generally can't even
separate the actual characters from quoting characters inserted around
them without very careful study.  Again I must admit that this could be
described as my own problem imposed by a deliberately faulty choice of
tools.  I say "those of us," but I may very well be the only one!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM