[Lexicog] Who Said What?

Peter Kirk peterkirk at QAYA.ORG
Mon Sep 27 20:47:27 UTC 2004

On 27/09/2004 20:15, Kenneth C. Hill wrote:

>I thoroughly agree with John. Let's try to keep our postings maximally
>readable. I also agree with Bill Poser that Unicode is A Good Idea, but
>since many recipients can't deal with various different kinds of encoding,
>much less the different colors John cites, I plan to continue using the
>ASCII-compatible representations that I've been using since DOS days. I
>often have to flip among various encoding settings in Microsoft Internet
>Explorer before examples cited by members of this list are readable.
>Probably many out there are using software that doesn't allow that.

Ken, I wonder if you have ever thought that it might be offensive to
others on an international list to insist that they write their own
languages, not properly with the international standard code which
supports them, but in a form mangled to fit an American code, ASCII?

--
Peter Kirk
peter at qaya.org (personal)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM