[Lexicog] Who Said What?

Peter Kirk peterkirk at QAYA.ORG
Tue Sep 28 23:24:26 UTC 2004

On 29/09/2004 00:04, Benjamin J Barrett wrote:

> I correct my suggestion to characters with diacritics provided in ASCII.

Sorry, not sure what you mean. There are no characters with diacritics
in ASCII (by which *I* mean what Unicode calls "Basic Latin", see
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0000.pdf). If you mean the characters
with diacritics in ISO 8859-1 or Windows code page 1252, or what is
commonly known as "ANSI" (i.e. Unicode's "Latin-1 Supplement",
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0080.pdf), you are still missing a
ring to put on the A, as well as any way of representing thorn and eth.
Or do you mean to use only the diacritics in ASCII? That is what I was
assuming, because if you are able to use characters outside ASCII you
can use e-acute, n-tilde etc directly.

--
Peter Kirk
peter at qaya.org (personal)