[Lexicog] Humour, OTT completely

Fritz Goerling Fritz_Goerling at SIL.ORG
Thu Aug 25 19:59:24 UTC 2005

Chaz,

I'll tell you privately, or, which is even better, I try to get the video
and send it to you
as you understand German and have a German wife.

I like Gemütlichkeit (coming from Bavaria), ;-)

Fritz

  However, when Colonel Klink speaks Schwäbisch and Sergeant
  > Shultz speaks
  >  Bavarian that made all the difference. The series was a roaring
success!
  > Those who know the
  > difference between the two dialects in German and have seen the series
will
  > immediately
  > understand. ;-)

  Fritz,

  Why are those particular regions or dialects associated with Col. Klink
and Sgt. Schultz? How are Major Hochstetter and General Burkhalter
portrayed?

  -Chaz