[Lexicog] Turkey

Nick Miller nick.miller at CZECH-TRANSLATION.COM
Fri Aug 26 15:17:08 UTC 2005

>>Or "cold turkey" or "you turkey!" Poor animal to be used in such a way!

Fritz,

Did you know that the Czech adjective for 'cruel' is 'kruty' while the Czech
adjective for '(of) turkey' is 'kruti'? They sound almost identical, but
have nothing in common linguistically. However, Czech people are never
impressed with my attempts at puns with these kind of word 'pairs'. They
don't do puns. I suppose you have them in German?

Nick

---
avast! Antivirus: Odchozi zprava cista.
Virova databaze (VPS): 0534-4, 26.08.2005
Testovano: 26.8.2005 17:17:10
avast! (c) copyright 2000-2004 ALWIL Software.