[Lexicog] Turkey

David Tuggy david_tuggy at SIL.ORG
Tue Aug 30 15:28:04 UTC 2005

One of the differences in cultural humour is the latitude of
pronunciation ("phonological slop") allowed for punning. In punsters'
circles in the English-speaking cultures it may be considerable.
Consider the following knock-knock joke (one of my candidates for worst
pun ever):

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Eskimo Christian Italian
Eskimo Christian Italian who?
Eskimo Christian Italia no lies.

--David Tuggy

(= Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM