[Lexicog] Exporting & Printing in Shoebox

Susan Gehr sgehr at KARUK.US
Tue Aug 30 17:23:35 UTC 2005

Thanks Kim!

I'm actually using Shoebox 5 on a Mac, but the general ideas and most of the
specifics of your instructions apply just fine.

As of a few months ago, I heard that Toolbox is coming to the Mac sometime
in early 2006. I don't know if Apple's decision to switch to Intel
processors, or anything else for that matter, has affected that timeline.

Anyhow, your response helped me a great deal. Here's what I did.

I made a copy of the mdf_e.dot template and renamed the copy mdf_eKaruk.dot

I went to the Format>Style menu item and made the appropriate changes to the
Header Style and the scientific name style.  With my header problem, I set
the Before and After Spacing to 3pt.

I saved my changes and quit Microsoft Word.

Back in Shoebox, I went to File>Export, selected the MDF Export Process and
clicked Modify.  As you said to do, I pointed Shoebox to the mdf_eKaruk.dot
by using the Audience Setup... button.

Thanks again,

--
Susan Gehr