[Lexicog] stereotypical beliefs and lexicography

Miroslava Nikolova stef_mir at YAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 22 22:56:02 UTC 2005

Much has been said about expressions involving the
names of different nationalities and having a more or
less negative connotation. What about expressions of
the kind having a positive connotation. In Bulgarian,
for example, there is the expression "angliiska
tochnost" (English punctuality) obviously referring to
the fact that the English have a reputation for being
on the dot.
 --- Kees van Kolmeschate <keesvkolmeschate at hetnet.nl>

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EA3HyD/3MnJAA/79vVAA/HKE4lB/TM