[Lexicog] rules when it comes to latin word roots

Dr. Hayim Y. Sheynin hsheynin at GRATZ.EDU
Mon Feb 28 19:34:10 UTC 2005

Dear Arun,

I think you are occupied with a futile interests.
The new words appear only in two circumstances:
1. When a need for a new word, because there is a new thing or concept.
2. The poetic innovation for better expressibility (literary neologisms).

Otherwise it is possible to create thousands new words and they will not be accepted by the users of a particular language.

What is your native language?

Best wishes,
Dr. Hayim Y. Sheynin

-----Original Message-----
From: arun [mailto:deostroll at hotmail.com]
Sent: ב 28 פברואר 2005 10:32
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Lexicog] rules when it comes to latin word roots

Ok, I'm not quite sure I understood your reply. I'm just a person who
is fond of creating new words. As such I think its evident that I
don't have a knowledge of lexicography. I've several questions about
constructing new words as such. So, the wrd root nub- combined with -
ile is nubile, which is an adj; hence is this true that with every
such root can be converted into an adj? This must be a stupid
question. I mean is it really possible to makes adjs like that?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/HKE4lB/TM