[Lexicog] Shoebox reversal & cct

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Thu Jan 27 21:16:50 UTC 2005

Chaz,

It's a free upgrade to Toolbox and Toolbox, like Shoebox 5.0, has the
reversal procedure built into the program. You don't need a CC table. You
just follow the on-screen instructions for making a reverse index.

Toolbox is available as a free download from URL:
http://www.sil.org/computing/toolbox/downloads.htm

I agree with Susan that both Shoebox and Toolbox have unnecessarily high
learning curves. But once you have your data in either program, you get to
use Lexique Pro, which is one of the most user-friendly programs, with such
a beautiful user interface. Some things in life are worth waiting for!!
Other things, well, you might need to make a choice to user a more
user-friendly lexical database input and management program. Some have been
mentioned at various times on this discussion list, and most are featured on
this list's website.

Wayne
-----
Wayne Leman